Our infant development programs provide expert nurturing and development
We enroll and work with families and their infant children who are as young as six weeks old.
Our innovative program lays an exceptional foundation for optimal lifelong learning, development, and academic and social success!
In our beautiful, environmentally friendly SF City Building Center, your child will have expert nurturing and care from our highly competent staff members, who are trained in comprehensive infant and toddler development and C5’s exemplary practices.
Our primary teacher to child ratio is intentionally low, at one to three (1:3). California Licensing specifies a higher ratio of 1:4. There are only 10 infants in our Infant Classroom and a team of four teachers. Each child has a primary teacher. The emphasis is on helping your child to feel safe and to comfortably adapt a secure attachment to their primary teacher and the classroom.
In addition, we have an autonomous teacher who supplements the teaching team in the classroom and other resource staff members who assist when necessary or desired.
Some of our philosophy and practice influences come from world famous sources, including those offered by the Program for Infant-Toddler Care (PITC) that is developed and provided by the collaboration of the California Department of Education and the Western Regional Educational Laboratory (WestEd); from selected elements of the approach promoted by the Resources for Infant Educating (RIE); and, from the preprimary schools in Reggio Emilia, Italy.
- Accommodate your infant in a manner compatible with your family patterns
- Gently phase her or him into the program over a week or more
- Guide on his or her current schedule for eating, napping, and toileting
- Maintain frequent and daily contact with you thorough a variety of timely written, oral, and electronic communications
- Help your child to feel safe and to be safe in the new setting
- Support them in developing appropriate attachment to their primary teacher and to the teaching team in the classroom
- Provide the conditions for your child to develop optimally in their own way and in their own time
- Continue to work closely with you on emerging issues for your child that are challenges and/or opportunities
We have extensive experience in working with:
- First-time parents
- Families who are having their second or third infant
- Families with a sibling in the program
- Families of children with special developmental issues
If you have any special requests or general questions regarding our infant childcare or infant development programs in San Francisco, CA, please contact us today!