C5 Children’s School’s Connections
Is a Private, Secure Website for Enrolled Families and Staff
It is also made available to extended family members, whom you allow, who live anywhere and for select early childhood professionals from around the world who want to know how we have developed and use a comprehensive information exchange with children, parents, family members, and staff.
Every element on the Website is interactive, so there are frequent comments, dialogues, likes, and surveys for scheduling or opinion gathering. A few of the many features on the site are:
Classrooms – Nine classroom forums. Each with:
- Daily Stories & Pictures A description of what is happening in the classroom every day and usually 10-20 pictures of children working, playing, sleeping and eating
- Weekly Plans that are flexible, based on an emergent curriculum, with an idea of what might happen in the classroom each day and suggestions for what parents can do to support it.
- A Flow of the Day showing what generally happens throughout the day in each classroom, so families can plan how to interact.
- News & Notes are posted by teachers, parents & family members.
- Projects that are currently underway and an historical record of past projects.
- Parent Comments are possible on every element of the private website and found in most areas, where dialogues often sprout up.
My Child Your private forum to communicate important information between your family and your child’s Primary Teacher. It includes portfolio postings for your child and individualized announcements and schedule coordinating.
Announcements The most recent messages of importance to the whole enrolled community and an archive of past announcements reaching back several years.
General Info Most of the information that parents and family members want to know. It is up to date and easily accessible by category. Some are: C5 Special Programs; C5 Philosophy and Practice Resources; Health & Safety; Food at C5 Centers; Transitions; Fundraising and Donations; From the C5 Staff; From the Board of Directors; Parent Participation; Learning Areas; C5 Staff and Consultants; Need-based Scholarships
Calendar A downloadable Google interactive calendar with all of the program events and details about each.
A Customized Link List It is on the Landing Page, based on each user, and allows convenient access to areas of the Website that might be unavailable to others.
A Member List Showing all of the C5 community members who are enrolled in the program and contact information that each one wants to make available
Edit Profile You can easily modify your online profile at any time.
Our Caterer Chefables was founded and operated by an executive chef who daily provides high quality food with his professional staff that is mostly organic, locally sourced, and cooked from scratch. They have a full-time baker and dietician. Monthly menus and newsletters are posted on Connections. Learn more about them at chefables.com.
A Subscription Tool that provides an ability to sign up for notifications from areas of interest on the Website when others post to them.
Parent-Family Handbook The extensive manual for how the program works that is part of the enrollment contract for parents to understand and agree to before enrolling.
Add an Extended Family Member Provides quick access any time to an online request form to allow one or more extended family members to be able to use the site and follow what is happening daily with their grandchild, niece, nephew, or younger brother or sister.
Search and Select Find any information you want and select for most recent posts or a category of information.